I have bought my share of baby food and made my share of babyfood. ❤ IT REALLY IS not that hard or time consuming to make. We always have fresh or frozen veggies to cook and I love making it knowing that there’s only TWO INGREDIENTS. THE VEGETABLE or FRUIT and water. No additives-or-cant-pronouce-ingredients.
Here’s an easy guide to whip up some food for the hungry little one.
- Steam vegetables and chop into bite size pieces
2. Puree with food processor or blender (1/2 cup cooked veggies with 3 Tbsp of water). I usually pulse for 30-45 seconds or until all big pieces are gone.
3. Put into portion sizes for easy use. Depending on how much baby is eating, it’ll make between 2-4 servings.
For example, if I do 2 Tbsp of the puree per serving, it’ll make about 4 servings. As baby starts to eat more, I start doubling the recipe to keep making 4 servings. I usually keep two servings in the fridge to use within a few days and freeze two portions.
QUICK and EASY puree veggies for BABY
- Steam veggies and then chop into bite sized pieces
- Puree using a blender or food processor with the ratio of 1/2 cup cooked veggies with 3 TBSP water. Feel free to double or triple if you are making ahead!
- Divide into portions and store in fridge for 3-4 days or freeze and use within 1 month.
**Rule of thumb, every baby eats different amounts of food. When just starting food, you may want to add additional water to make it thinner consistency.
**Another tip, I usually will make a whole bag of frozen vegetable or whole cauliflower/broccoli and then the rest of the family will eat the cooked veggie while the baby gets the puree.