Looking to try something new? Try these savory chicken gyros, you won’t regret it.
Combine fresh ingredients and you’ll be on your way to a satisfying, tasty lunch or dinner.
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need: flatbread or pita, cucumber, onion, tomato, chicken, lemon pepper seasonings, feta, cilantro, lime, greek yogurt, and spices.
First, cook the chicken and then chop into bite sized pieces. I prefer using the crockpot or oven baking.
Then, chop your vegetables and mix
Mix the tzatziki sauce together with fresh lemon juice, greek yogurt, dill, and garlic powder.
Now, build that gyro! Layer some tzatziki sauce, cooked chicken, chopped veggies, feta and cilantro and then enjoy!
Easy Chicken Gyros
- 2-3 chicken breasts (1-1/2 lbs chicken)
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 cucumber seeded and chooped
- 3 roma tomatos, seeded and chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 6-8 naan flatbread or pitas ( I prefer the mini naan flatbreads)
- cilantro (optional)
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ tsp dill
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook the chicken breast with the lemon pepper seasoning sprinkled on top. My preferred way is in the crockpot on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours. In a time crunch, I have also cooked it in oven 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes (until temp is 165 or higher) or cut into strips and panfried in 1 tbsp oil.
- While chicken is cooking, assemble the vegetables. Cut the cucumbers into strips around the seeds and then small chopped pieces, getting rid of the seeds. Chop the tomatoes and onion as well and combine with cucumber, set aside.
- Make the tzatziki sauce by combining the yogurt, dill, garlic powder and lemon juice in a small bowl to serve on the side.
- Warm up naan in toaster or in the oven according to package directions, layer with tzatziki sauce, cooked chicken, vegetables, feta and cilantro. Enjoy!
****NOTE: I have made these before and substitued chickpeas for chicken and it was delicious as well!
YUM! Defiantly trying these, thanks for sharing!