Alright mamas-to-be and mamas who are having another baby, lets go over the essentials of what to put in the hospital bag!
I recommend packing the hospital bag before 36 weeks, but anytime before going into labor still works ❤
- Tolietries (think toothbrush/toothpaste/floss/glasses/contact solution&cases/facewash/lotion/chapstick/shampoo/conditioner)
- Have toothbrushes/travel sized items packed so you don’t have to scramble when you’re in labor grabbing those last minute things that could have been already packed well away.
- Nursing bra(s)
- At least one nursing bra if you plan on breastfeeding to wear
- Cell phone charger
- For all those adorable pictures you’re going to take of your little babe, along with letting family and friends know about the arrival of baby.
- One or two comfortable outfits for lounging in the hospital room and for going home
- Yoga pants and a loose fitting t-shirt are my pick for going home, around the room I like to wear a nursing gown and cotton robe 🙂
- One or two outfits for newborn (at least one newborn size and one 0-3 size)
- Most infants will fit into newborn clothes but it can’t hurt to have a 0-3 month size packed too just in case you have a nice healthy baby! Of course, feel free to bring a few favorites if you’re indecisive like myself.
- Fuzzy socks or comfy socks to wear in the room
- When you are in labor, it’s nice to wear your own comfy socks or after that first shower at the hospital.
- Hairties and comb/brush
- For brushing those gorgeous locks!
- Optional but NICE to have:
- Nursing nightgown
- Robe (in case the room/hallways are breezy)
- Personal items for baby like muslin swaddles, headbands/hats, favorite infant outfits and an infant going home outfit, letter board to take a cute picture of baby’s arrival, personalized blankets/etc
- Makeup – I always pack it but don’t always use it, but it is nice to have the option ❤
- Headbands for mama when laboring or afterwards
- SNACKS – most cafeterias are open 24/7, but having trail mix, granola bars, crackers or other favorite snacks can’t hurt if you are hungry
- Note: You’ll need to have a carseat installed so you have a way to get baby home.
Happy delivery mamas!
❤ Hope, nonstopmomlife.com