You know that brisket type pulled pork that makes your mouth instantly water. That’s what we have here. A delicious pulled pork that you can have on sandwiches, on salad, with nachos, in a wrap or whatever your heart and appetite desires.
First get those ingredients ready
One onion chopped, spices, minced garlic, and orange (or apple) juice
Of course the pork, the shoulder is the best piece for pulled pork. I usually use two 2-2.5 lb cuts.
Layer ingredients in crock pot with onions, garlic, and orange juice on the bottom.
Cover, let it cook about 8 hrs and then shred and enjoy!
Serve with your favorite sauce for an extra kick of tang, sweet, or smokey flavor!
Tasty Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 4-5 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 ½ tsp minced garlic or 5 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup apple or orange juice
- Trim large pieces of fat off of pork pieces
- Add minced garlic, orange (or apple) juice, and chopped onion to a crock pot.
- Mix all spices together besides garlic.
- Pat the spices on the pork, top and bottom, and then place pieces on top of the onion mixture in crock pot
- Cook on low for at least 8 hrs. Remove from crock pot to a cutting board or plate and shred with a fork. If desired, feel free add your favorite barbequece sauce!
Note: You can discard the remaining liquid after cooking or strain remaining liquid discarding the onions and fat, then add back to pork! I typically use about 1 cup of strained liquid for extra flavor and moisture 🙂
Look me up on Facebook and instagram @ nonstopmomlife