Looking for a quick and delicious weeknight or weekend meal? I got you covered with this creamy spinach tomato tortellini. It cooks in about 20 minutes and is filling by itself or can pair with a vegetable or with garlic toast.
First gather your ingredients: tortellini, spinach, tomatoes, milk, flour, parmesan, and spices
Heat water for the pasta then add pasta when boiling
While the pasta is cooking, start to make the sauce.
With the veggies are cooking, combine milk/flour with a whisk and then add to the veggies
Allow sauce to boil, then move to simmer (low) to thicken
Then add pasta to sauce and stir
Enjoy this vegetable packed dish by itself or with a side
Spinach Tomato Tortellini
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When boiling add the tortellini and cook until tender according to package directions.
- While the water is preheating, start the sauce. Combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble (usually 3-5 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and milk Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the Parmesan cheese. Heat through then reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tortellini then pour the tortellini into the saucepan with the sauce. Stir to combine and enjoy! Top with parmesan cheese if desired.