Whats better than a bowl of tasty chili when it’s cold out? *crickets*
So check it out, I’ll show you a step by step of the quick process to get you on your way to trying my chili. It is a slow cooker recipe that makes life EASIER. Who doesn’t like taking the extra work out of cooking!? It does not disappoint. : )
So first gather the beans, tomatoes, tomato soup, spices and chopped onion
Brown the ground turkey in a pan
Layer the ground turkey, onions, tomatoes, tomato soup, beans, and spices. Then mix ingredients, cover with lid, and set crockpot for 8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high.
Top with cheese, crackers, and enjoy by itself or with warm cornbread
Hope’s Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (10.75 ounce) cans low sodium tomato soup
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 medium yellow onion , chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili power
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Brown turkey in the skillet and then drain.
- Layer ingredients in then crockpot starting with turkey, onion, beans, tomatoes, tomato soup kidney beans, black beans and onion. Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
*Note* – You can substitute ground beef or ground chicken for ground turkey or make it vegan by usually additional beans. You can also decrease the red pepper flakes and chili powder if you prefer more mild chili. This makes a medium spicy chili.
HELLO easy BBQ chicken wrap! Whenever I have leftover chicken I am ALWAYS thinking of a quick meal to put together that keeps everyone full and happy. Try this crunchy, sweet and savory wrap. Serve warm or cold! If your looking for a quick way to make some chicken, check out Easy and Quick Oven Baked Chicken. Pair with your favorite chips or veggies! This wrap works great also with The Best Roasted Red Potatoes and Onions!
Alright lets get started on this chicken wrap!
So first, gather your ingredients.
Layer the chicken and cheese.
Add the peppers and lettuce.
Wrap all those yummy ingredients tightly.
Cut in half and enjoy!
Easy 6 Ingredient BBQ Chicken Wraps
Makes 4 Wraps
- 4 Burrito sized tortillas or wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken – shredded or diced mixed with your favorite BBQ sauce
- BBQ sauce to mix with the chicken ( I used about 2/3 cup, but personal preference to how much sauce you like!)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – chopped or shredded
- 2 bell peppers – chopped
- 1 cup romaine or spinach – cut into strips
- In a small bowl, mix the cooked chicken with BBQ sauce.
- Place ½ cup of BBQ chicken in a line on the tortilla.
- Top with ¼ cup cheddar cheese.
- Layer roughly 1/3 cup chopped bell peppers and 1/4 cup romaine or spinach on top.
- Roll up the wrap, cut in half and enjoy!
Note: Depending on the size of the bell peppers you might have more or less than 1/3 cup per wrap, so just equally divide the chopped bell peppers into four servings .
Happy cooking ❤ Hope
Follow my on instagram at https://www.instagram.com/nonstopmomlife/
Follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/happynonstopmomlife/?modal=admin_todo_tour
This is one of my favorite recipes. My mom actually introduced me to quinoa and making salads with it AND I am forever grateful for this. I have made this salad with lots of combinations. Pick your favorite vegetables, about 2 cups and add it to this salad. My current favorite combination is broccoli, bell pepper, and red onion. I like to use feta but you can also use mozzarella or parmesan if desired.
First gather your salad ingredients
Then combine ingredients and mix your dressing together (olive oil and spices).
Toss ingredients together and enjoy!
Vegetable Quinoa Salad
- 4 cups romaine, baby spinach, or mixed greens
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli
- ¼ cup red or white onion
- ½ cup feta
- 2.5 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Combine the greens with quinoa, bell pepper, broccoli, onion and feta.
- In a separate small dish, mix the olive oil, oregano, basil, salt and garlic powder until well combined.
- Toss salad with dressing and then enjoy!
Sound good? Have quinoa in a salad before or looking forward to trying it? Let me know, would love to hear from you! Comment below!
Happy cooking! ❤ Hope
Look me up on instagram and Facebook as nonstopmomlife