HELLO easy BBQ chicken wrap! Whenever I have leftover chicken I am ALWAYS thinking of a quick meal to put together that keeps everyone full and happy. Try this crunchy, sweet and savory wrap. Serve warm or cold! If your looking for a quick way to make some chicken, check out Easy and Quick Oven Baked Chicken. Pair with your favorite chips or veggies! This wrap works great also with The Best Roasted Red Potatoes and Onions!
Alright lets get started on this chicken wrap!
So first, gather your ingredients.
Layer the chicken and cheese.
Add the peppers and lettuce.
Wrap all those yummy ingredients tightly.
Cut in half and enjoy!
Easy 6 Ingredient BBQ Chicken Wraps
Makes 4 Wraps
- 4 Burrito sized tortillas or wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken – shredded or diced mixed with your favorite BBQ sauce
- BBQ sauce to mix with the chicken ( I used about 2/3 cup, but personal preference to how much sauce you like!)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – chopped or shredded
- 2 bell peppers – chopped
- 1 cup romaine or spinach – cut into strips
- In a small bowl, mix the cooked chicken with BBQ sauce.
- Place ½ cup of BBQ chicken in a line on the tortilla.
- Top with ¼ cup cheddar cheese.
- Layer roughly 1/3 cup chopped bell peppers and 1/4 cup romaine or spinach on top.
- Roll up the wrap, cut in half and enjoy!
Note: Depending on the size of the bell peppers you might have more or less than 1/3 cup per wrap, so just equally divide the chopped bell peppers into four servings .
Happy cooking ❤ Hope
Follow my on instagram at https://www.instagram.com/nonstopmomlife/
Follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/happynonstopmomlife/?modal=admin_todo_tour
This is one of my favorite recipes. My mom actually introduced me to quinoa and making salads with it AND I am forever grateful for this. I have made this salad with lots of combinations. Pick your favorite vegetables, about 2 cups and add it to this salad. My current favorite combination is broccoli, bell pepper, and red onion. I like to use feta but you can also use mozzarella or parmesan if desired.
First gather your salad ingredients
Then combine ingredients and mix your dressing together (olive oil and spices).
Toss ingredients together and enjoy!
Vegetable Quinoa Salad
- 4 cups romaine, baby spinach, or mixed greens
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli
- ¼ cup red or white onion
- ½ cup feta
- 2.5 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Combine the greens with quinoa, bell pepper, broccoli, onion and feta.
- In a separate small dish, mix the olive oil, oregano, basil, salt and garlic powder until well combined.
- Toss salad with dressing and then enjoy!
Sound good? Have quinoa in a salad before or looking forward to trying it? Let me know, would love to hear from you! Comment below!
Happy cooking! ❤ Hope
Look me up on instagram and Facebook as nonstopmomlife
I’m Hope. I love to cook DELICIOUS food and spend time crafting, exploring the outdoors, taking pictures, and enjoying time with friends and family. Check out the rest of the blog to navigate through easy and healthy recipes, along with motherhood and parenting content.
So, topic today is MEAL PLANNING. Ugh. I know, sounds boring.
BUT, it doesn’t have to BE and it does not have to be hard. It is a game changer with helping organize meals for the week so you don’t get in the rut of staring at the pantry or in the refrigerator, hoping something pops out.
I use a few easy tricks to plan meals and I wanted to share them with you.
Let’s get to it.
- Designate one day a week to consistently plan meals/grocery lists. When you get in the habit of planning meals once weekly, it becomes second nature. I usually spend 10-20 minutes planning the meals and making a grocery list on Saturday and then grocery shop on Sunday. Easy peasy.
- Plan 5-6 meals to make for dinners for the week and options for lunches
- I personally prefer to have 5 weekday dinners set but not necessarily the day, depending on what we are craving that day.
- I’ve learned to plan for what we typically eat, just so we don’t waste produce. For us, I plan on having enough for lunches and 5-6 dinners and extra frozen food in case we stay in, but we like to have flexibility if we eat with friends or family or go out to eat.
- I usually cook a big meal on Sunday afternoon or evening, which always has left overs to start the week with. I also typically also try to make extra roasted vegetables or have vegetables ready for salads and a big pot of lentils, quinoa or pasta that can be thrown together for a quick meal or eaten as lunch.
I keep the meals varied – every week I try to include one of these types of dishes:
- One night I’ll make a Mexican dish – tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, nachos, or quesadillas
- One night I’ll make an Italian dish – vegetarian lasagna, linguine with vegetables, spaghetti, chicken parmesan, baked pasta, fetticini alfredo
- One night I’ll make an easy chicken dish – oven baked chicken, breaded chicken, barbeque chicken, chicken wings etc
- One night I’ll make a not otherwise categorized dish that are just our favorite random dishes– loaded baked potato bar, grilled salmon, salad bar, some type of sandwich (turkey burgers/ veggies burgers/ grilled cheese etc) a tasty ethnic dish (pad thai, ramen, sushi etc) or a second Mexican or Italian dish if we are craving that and I have the supplies.
- Homemade pizza or frozen pizza (yes, frozen pizza is a GREAT go to after a long day at work and I have NO shame admitting that! I like California pizza kitchen, Newman’s own, and also the simple truth brand of pizzas). It is also so quick to use fast rising yeast or pizza yeast and make from scratch, layer with sauce, mozzarella and your favorite toppings.
- During the fall and winter, I do soup usually once a week as well but not as often in the summer
If you haven’t already, I suggest investing in a good amount of glass or microwave safe containers and locate their lids for easy food prep. It makes all the difference!
Pyrex Simply Store Glass Rectangular and Round Food Container Set (18-Piece, BPA-free)
I hope these tips come in handy. What helps you guys meal plan? Any tricks you guys use? Note: The link above is an affiliate link to Amazon.
As always, happy cooking! ❤ Hope Look me up on instagram and facebook —-> nonstopmomlife
It is SO nice to have cooked chicken breast for a quick meal with sides, on salad, for a sandwich, to use in another recipe, for tacos, quesadillas, with pasta, in a wrap, or another way. I could go for a while : ) . This chicken is not only fast to make, it is delicious with lots of flavor from seasonings and is versatile.
What you’ll need
Chicken breast, spices (I used oregano, basil, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper), and olive oil
First get those spices measured and mixed up
Coat the chicken with olive oil and then seasoning. Then pop on a parchment lined sheet and bake!
Bake until internal temp is 165 degrees.
Pair with sides and dinner is ready! It is that easy and great! Read on for details ❤
FULL RECIPE BELOW < < < < < < <
Easy and Quick Oven Baked Chicken
- 3-4 Chicken breasts
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix spices together in small dish
- Apply olive oil to chicken breast, then add spices, coating top and bottom evenly
- Place seasoned chicken breasts on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Cook for 21 – 27 minutes, with small pieces of chicken cooking faster and larger pieces taking longer. I use a digital meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is 165 before I allow it cool.
- Pair with your favorite sides.
Note: If I know I am making this chicken for dinner, I sometimes double this recipe so I have extra for cooking with and leftovers later in the week for other quick meals.
Look me up on instagram at Nonstopmomlife
Who doesn’t love a quick and easy weeknight or weekend dinner recipe that EVERYONE will like?! Give yourself 10 minute to preheat the oven while you get the ingredients ready to go, 8-10 minutes in the oven and dinner is ready. REALLY. 🙂
Let’s get started
Ingredients needed are your favorite tortilla chips, bell pepper (any color), and a can of pinto/black beans. Feel free use garnish like cilantro, salsa, avocado, or sour cream if desired! You can always add shredded chicken or another protein on top as well!
First layer the main ingredients: Chips, beans, chopped bell pepper, and cheese on parchment paper
Bake until cheese is perfectly gooey but not burnt
Garnish and enjoy!
FULL RECIPE BELOW
< < < < < < < <
Oven Baked Nachos
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 bell pepper, I prefer red, yellow or orange (chopped)
- 1 can pinto or black beans, rinsed or drained
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- optional garnishes: cilantro, salsa, avocado, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- While the oven is preheating, wash and chop a bell pepper, rinse and drain the beans and get the cheese ready to layer.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Make an even layer of tortilla chips on the pan (You might not use a whole bag)
- Layer beans, bell pepper and cheese on top
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown, keep an eye on them while baking.
- Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro, salsa, avocado or sour cream and enjoy!
Let me know what you think!
Look me up on instagram @ nonstopmomlife