Here is a quick and easy Mexican seasoning spice blend that will be your new go to instead of using a packet.
Move over Chipotle ❤
I use with blend with cooking chicken, ground turkey or beef on the stove for tacos or fajitas.
It also works great with black beans or pinto beans if you are looking for a quick vegetarian or vegan Mexican dish.
For another suggestion, I have used this blend when baking chicken and vegetables and always turns out great.
For some variety I also like to put chicken and vegetables over rice for a quick lunch or dinner or for leftovers.
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all spices together and toss with your favorite protein (beans or meat) or vegetables and cook on the stovetop until done or in the oven.
Looking for a quick and delicious weeknight or weekend meal? I got you covered with this creamy spinach tomato tortellini. It cooks in about 20 minutes and is filling by itself or can pair with a vegetable or with garlic toast.
First gather your ingredients: tortellini, spinach, tomatoes, milk, flour, parmesan, and spices
Heat water for the pasta then add pasta when boiling
While the pasta is cooking, start to make the sauce.
With the veggies are cooking, combine milk/flour with a whisk and then add to the veggies
Allow sauce to boil, then move to simmer (low) to thicken
Then add pasta to sauce and stir
Enjoy this vegetable packed dish by itself or with a side
Spinach Tomato Tortellini
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When boiling add the tortellini and cook until tender according to package directions.
- While the water is preheating, start the sauce. Combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble (usually 3-5 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and milk Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the Parmesan cheese. Heat through then reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tortellini then pour the tortellini into the saucepan with the sauce. Stir to combine and enjoy! Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
You can buy veggie burgers in the frozen section of most grocery stores, but HAVE YOU ever had a homemade one? They are a GAME CHANGER.
I feel like I can openly say I am a veggie burger snob. I have tried SO many more veggie burger recipes that I like to admit. Most have minimal flavor and are so mushy mushy. I have finally created one that I like the best after trial and error and is my now GO TO. I present to you my sweet potato, onion, black bean seasoned veggie burger.
Let’s get started:
1. You’ll want to cook rice for the recipe (or use leftover cooked rice) and roast one sweet potato and 1/4 of an onion (see directions below)
(I recently got a rice cooker and typically make 1 cup of dried rice (which makes about 3 cups of cooked rice. I like to have more than I need so I have extra leftover rice for bowls later in the week)
I roast the chopped sweet potato and onion on a parchment lined baking sheet for easy cleanup.
2. Measure and gather all ingredients together for easy assembly
3. Next layer ingredients in food processor, cover, pulse together to combine, then refrigerate for 30 minutes if you have time (if you do not have time, proceed to next step).
4. Form veggie burgers on a plate then cook in preheated pan with oil.
5. If desired after the veggie burgers are done, top with a slice of your favorite cheese.
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1 can black beans (15 oz) – rinsed and drained
- 1 sweet potato – peeled, chopped, roasted
- 1/2 cup onion -chopped and roasted (about 1/4 of a large onion)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (panko or plain)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- Make rice according to package directions. Typically 1/2 cup of dried rice will make more than 1-1.5 cups of rice.
- To roast the sweet potato and onion, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper if you have it, makes cleanup a breeze. Peel and chop the sweet potato and onion and place on baking sheet. Drizzle lightly (about 1 tbsp) with olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes, stir and then cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Combine ingredients in food processor. First add cooked rice to the bottom of the food processor, then layer the other ingredients and sprinkle the spices on top. Cover with lid and pulse for 10-12 times in 2 second bursts, until well combined but still choppy.
- Remove blade and set aside and cover top of bowl, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to making burgers.
- Remove mixture from fridge and form burgers. (Better to keep them thick versus thin, as they won’t get too crumby if you keep them thick). It should make 5-6 burgers.
- Preheat pan to medium with 1 tbsp olive oil. After 2-3 minutes, add burgers. Cook for 4 minutes on each side without covering. Turn off heat, leave pan on burner and if desired, add a slice of cheese.
- Top with your favorite burger toppings and add a side of choice. Enjoy! If you haven’t tried The Best Roasted Red Potatoes and Onions, Easy Seasoned Quinoa, or Vegetable Feta Quinoa Salad these would all be great options for sides!
Whats better than a bowl of tasty chili when it’s cold out? *crickets*
So check it out, I’ll show you a step by step of the quick process to get you on your way to trying my chili. It is a slow cooker recipe that makes life EASIER. Who doesn’t like taking the extra work out of cooking!? It does not disappoint. : )
So first gather the beans, tomatoes, tomato soup, spices and chopped onion
Brown the ground turkey in a pan
Layer the ground turkey, onions, tomatoes, tomato soup, beans, and spices. Then mix ingredients, cover with lid, and set crockpot for 8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high.
Top with cheese, crackers, and enjoy by itself or with warm cornbread
Hope’s Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (10.75 ounce) cans low sodium tomato soup
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 medium yellow onion , chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili power
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Brown turkey in the skillet and then drain.
- Layer ingredients in then crockpot starting with turkey, onion, beans, tomatoes, tomato soup kidney beans, black beans and onion. Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
*Note* – You can substitute ground beef or ground chicken for ground turkey or make it vegan by usually additional beans. You can also decrease the red pepper flakes and chili powder if you prefer more mild chili. This makes a medium spicy chili.
HELLO easy BBQ chicken wrap! Whenever I have leftover chicken I am ALWAYS thinking of a quick meal to put together that keeps everyone full and happy. Try this crunchy, sweet and savory wrap. Serve warm or cold! If your looking for a quick way to make some chicken, check out Easy and Quick Oven Baked Chicken. Pair with your favorite chips or veggies! This wrap works great also with The Best Roasted Red Potatoes and Onions!
Alright lets get started on this chicken wrap!
So first, gather your ingredients.
Layer the chicken and cheese.
Add the peppers and lettuce.
Wrap all those yummy ingredients tightly.
Cut in half and enjoy!
Easy 6 Ingredient BBQ Chicken Wraps
Makes 4 Wraps
- 4 Burrito sized tortillas or wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken – shredded or diced mixed with your favorite BBQ sauce
- BBQ sauce to mix with the chicken ( I used about 2/3 cup, but personal preference to how much sauce you like!)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – chopped or shredded
- 2 bell peppers – chopped
- 1 cup romaine or spinach – cut into strips
- In a small bowl, mix the cooked chicken with BBQ sauce.
- Place ½ cup of BBQ chicken in a line on the tortilla.
- Top with ¼ cup cheddar cheese.
- Layer roughly 1/3 cup chopped bell peppers and 1/4 cup romaine or spinach on top.
- Roll up the wrap, cut in half and enjoy!
Note: Depending on the size of the bell peppers you might have more or less than 1/3 cup per wrap, so just equally divide the chopped bell peppers into four servings .
Happy cooking ❤ Hope
Follow my on instagram at https://www.instagram.com/nonstopmomlife/
Follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/happynonstopmomlife/?modal=admin_todo_tour