Looking to try something new? Try these savory chicken gyros, you won’t regret it.
Combine fresh ingredients and you’ll be on your way to a satisfying, tasty lunch or dinner.
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need: flatbread or pita, cucumber, onion, tomato, chicken, lemon pepper seasonings, feta, cilantro, lime, greek yogurt, and spices.
First, cook the chicken and then chop into bite sized pieces. I prefer using the crockpot or oven baking.
Then, chop your vegetables and mix
Mix the tzatziki sauce together with fresh lemon juice, greek yogurt, dill, and garlic powder.
Now, build that gyro! Layer some tzatziki sauce, cooked chicken, chopped veggies, feta and cilantro and then enjoy!
Easy Chicken Gyros
- 2-3 chicken breasts (1-1/2 lbs chicken)
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 cucumber seeded and chooped
- 3 roma tomatos, seeded and chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 6-8 naan flatbread or pitas ( I prefer the mini naan flatbreads)
- cilantro (optional)
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ tsp dill
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook the chicken breast with the lemon pepper seasoning sprinkled on top. My preferred way is in the crockpot on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours. In a time crunch, I have also cooked it in oven 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes (until temp is 165 or higher) or cut into strips and panfried in 1 tbsp oil.
- While chicken is cooking, assemble the vegetables. Cut the cucumbers into strips around the seeds and then small chopped pieces, getting rid of the seeds. Chop the tomatoes and onion as well and combine with cucumber, set aside.
- Make the tzatziki sauce by combining the yogurt, dill, garlic powder and lemon juice in a small bowl to serve on the side.
- Warm up naan in toaster or in the oven according to package directions, layer with tzatziki sauce, cooked chicken, vegetables, feta and cilantro. Enjoy!
****NOTE: I have made these before and substitued chickpeas for chicken and it was delicious as well!
Looking for a quick and delicious weeknight or weekend meal? I got you covered with this creamy spinach tomato tortellini. It cooks in about 20 minutes and is filling by itself or can pair with a vegetable or with garlic toast.
First gather your ingredients: tortellini, spinach, tomatoes, milk, flour, parmesan, and spices
Heat water for the pasta then add pasta when boiling
While the pasta is cooking, start to make the sauce.
With the veggies are cooking, combine milk/flour with a whisk and then add to the veggies
Allow sauce to boil, then move to simmer (low) to thicken
Then add pasta to sauce and stir
Enjoy this vegetable packed dish by itself or with a side
Spinach Tomato Tortellini
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When boiling add the tortellini and cook until tender according to package directions.
- While the water is preheating, start the sauce. Combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble (usually 3-5 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and milk Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the Parmesan cheese. Heat through then reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tortellini then pour the tortellini into the saucepan with the sauce. Stir to combine and enjoy! Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
You can buy veggie burgers in the frozen section of most grocery stores, but HAVE YOU ever had a homemade one? They are a GAME CHANGER.
I feel like I can openly say I am a veggie burger snob. I have tried SO many more veggie burger recipes that I like to admit. Most have minimal flavor and are so mushy mushy. I have finally created one that I like the best after trial and error and is my now GO TO. I present to you my sweet potato, onion, black bean seasoned veggie burger.
Let’s get started:
1. You’ll want to cook rice for the recipe (or use leftover cooked rice) and roast one sweet potato and 1/4 of an onion (see directions below)
(I recently got a rice cooker and typically make 1 cup of dried rice (which makes about 3 cups of cooked rice. I like to have more than I need so I have extra leftover rice for bowls later in the week)
I roast the chopped sweet potato and onion on a parchment lined baking sheet for easy cleanup.
2. Measure and gather all ingredients together for easy assembly
3. Next layer ingredients in food processor, cover, pulse together to combine, then refrigerate for 30 minutes if you have time (if you do not have time, proceed to next step).
4. Form veggie burgers on a plate then cook in preheated pan with oil.
5. If desired after the veggie burgers are done, top with a slice of your favorite cheese.
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1 can black beans (15 oz) – rinsed and drained
- 1 sweet potato – peeled, chopped, roasted
- 1/2 cup onion -chopped and roasted (about 1/4 of a large onion)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (panko or plain)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- Make rice according to package directions. Typically 1/2 cup of dried rice will make more than 1-1.5 cups of rice.
- To roast the sweet potato and onion, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper if you have it, makes cleanup a breeze. Peel and chop the sweet potato and onion and place on baking sheet. Drizzle lightly (about 1 tbsp) with olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes, stir and then cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Combine ingredients in food processor. First add cooked rice to the bottom of the food processor, then layer the other ingredients and sprinkle the spices on top. Cover with lid and pulse for 10-12 times in 2 second bursts, until well combined but still choppy.
- Remove blade and set aside and cover top of bowl, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to making burgers.
- Remove mixture from fridge and form burgers. (Better to keep them thick versus thin, as they won’t get too crumby if you keep them thick). It should make 5-6 burgers.
- Preheat pan to medium with 1 tbsp olive oil. After 2-3 minutes, add burgers. Cook for 4 minutes on each side without covering. Turn off heat, leave pan on burner and if desired, add a slice of cheese.
- Top with your favorite burger toppings and add a side of choice. Enjoy! If you haven’t tried The Best Roasted Red Potatoes and Onions, Easy Seasoned Quinoa, or Vegetable Feta Quinoa Salad these would all be great options for sides!
Fluffy, tasty and versatile quinoa at your service. It can be part of a main dish, served as a delicious side, on salad, in wraps, in stuffed peppers or lots of other ways! It not only tastes great, it is so nutritious. Quinoa is a healthy carbohydrate AND complete protein which provides all your amino acids and keeps you full! Read on, get your quinoa ON.
Full recipe below > > > > > >
Easy Seasoned Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Rinse quinoa in a strainer.
- Combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water in a medium saucepan
- Cover and bring to boil, then reduce to simmer for about 15-20 minutes until all water is absorbed, stirring every 4-5 minutes to prevent quinoa from sticking to bottom of pan.
- After water is absorbed, remove from heat and keep covered for another 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil, oregano, basil, and salt.
- Fluff, serve and enjoy!
Note: If you would like to make plain quinoa for a specific recipe, follow steps 1-4 only 🙂
Happy Cooking! Let me know what you think. Plan to make it soon?
Look me up on Facebook and instagram @ nonstopmomlife