Here is a quick and easy Mexican seasoning spice blend that will be your new go to instead of using a packet.
Move over Chipotle ❤
I use with blend with cooking chicken, ground turkey or beef on the stove for tacos or fajitas.
It also works great with black beans or pinto beans if you are looking for a quick vegetarian or vegan Mexican dish.
For another suggestion, I have used this blend when baking chicken and vegetables and always turns out great.
For some variety I also like to put chicken and vegetables over rice for a quick lunch or dinner or for leftovers.
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all spices together and toss with your favorite protein (beans or meat) or vegetables and cook on the stovetop until done or in the oven.
Looking for a quick and delicious weeknight or weekend meal? I got you covered with this creamy spinach tomato tortellini. It cooks in about 20 minutes and is filling by itself or can pair with a vegetable or with garlic toast.
First gather your ingredients: tortellini, spinach, tomatoes, milk, flour, parmesan, and spices
Heat water for the pasta then add pasta when boiling
While the pasta is cooking, start to make the sauce.
With the veggies are cooking, combine milk/flour with a whisk and then add to the veggies
Allow sauce to boil, then move to simmer (low) to thicken
Then add pasta to sauce and stir
Enjoy this vegetable packed dish by itself or with a side
Spinach Tomato Tortellini
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When boiling add the tortellini and cook until tender according to package directions.
- While the water is preheating, start the sauce. Combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble (usually 3-5 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and milk Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the Parmesan cheese. Heat through then reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tortellini then pour the tortellini into the saucepan with the sauce. Stir to combine and enjoy! Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
Whats better than a bowl of tasty chili when it’s cold out? *crickets*
So check it out, I’ll show you a step by step of the quick process to get you on your way to trying my chili. It is a slow cooker recipe that makes life EASIER. Who doesn’t like taking the extra work out of cooking!? It does not disappoint. : )
So first gather the beans, tomatoes, tomato soup, spices and chopped onion
Brown the ground turkey in a pan
Layer the ground turkey, onions, tomatoes, tomato soup, beans, and spices. Then mix ingredients, cover with lid, and set crockpot for 8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high.
Top with cheese, crackers, and enjoy by itself or with warm cornbread
Hope’s Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (10.75 ounce) cans low sodium tomato soup
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 medium yellow onion , chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili power
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Brown turkey in the skillet and then drain.
- Layer ingredients in then crockpot starting with turkey, onion, beans, tomatoes, tomato soup kidney beans, black beans and onion. Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
*Note* – You can substitute ground beef or ground chicken for ground turkey or make it vegan by usually additional beans. You can also decrease the red pepper flakes and chili powder if you prefer more mild chili. This makes a medium spicy chili.