Looking for a quick and delicious weeknight or weekend meal? I got you covered with this creamy spinach tomato tortellini. It cooks in about 20 minutes and is filling by itself or can pair with a vegetable or with garlic toast.
First gather your ingredients: tortellini, spinach, tomatoes, milk, flour, parmesan, and spices
Heat water for the pasta then add pasta when boiling
While the pasta is cooking, start to make the sauce.
With the veggies are cooking, combine milk/flour with a whisk and then add to the veggies
Allow sauce to boil, then move to simmer (low) to thicken
Then add pasta to sauce and stir
Enjoy this vegetable packed dish by itself or with a side
Spinach Tomato Tortellini
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When boiling add the tortellini and cook until tender according to package directions.
- While the water is preheating, start the sauce. Combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble (usually 3-5 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and milk Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the Parmesan cheese. Heat through then reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tortellini then pour the tortellini into the saucepan with the sauce. Stir to combine and enjoy! Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
You can buy veggie burgers in the frozen section of most grocery stores, but HAVE YOU ever had a homemade one? They are a GAME CHANGER.
I feel like I can openly say I am a veggie burger snob. I have tried SO many more veggie burger recipes that I like to admit. Most have minimal flavor and are so mushy mushy. I have finally created one that I like the best after trial and error and is my now GO TO. I present to you my sweet potato, onion, black bean seasoned veggie burger.
Let’s get started:
1. You’ll want to cook rice for the recipe (or use leftover cooked rice) and roast one sweet potato and 1/4 of an onion (see directions below)
(I recently got a rice cooker and typically make 1 cup of dried rice (which makes about 3 cups of cooked rice. I like to have more than I need so I have extra leftover rice for bowls later in the week)
I roast the chopped sweet potato and onion on a parchment lined baking sheet for easy cleanup.
2. Measure and gather all ingredients together for easy assembly
3. Next layer ingredients in food processor, cover, pulse together to combine, then refrigerate for 30 minutes if you have time (if you do not have time, proceed to next step).
4. Form veggie burgers on a plate then cook in preheated pan with oil.
5. If desired after the veggie burgers are done, top with a slice of your favorite cheese.
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1 can black beans (15 oz) – rinsed and drained
- 1 sweet potato – peeled, chopped, roasted
- 1/2 cup onion -chopped and roasted (about 1/4 of a large onion)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (panko or plain)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- Make rice according to package directions. Typically 1/2 cup of dried rice will make more than 1-1.5 cups of rice.
- To roast the sweet potato and onion, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper if you have it, makes cleanup a breeze. Peel and chop the sweet potato and onion and place on baking sheet. Drizzle lightly (about 1 tbsp) with olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes, stir and then cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Combine ingredients in food processor. First add cooked rice to the bottom of the food processor, then layer the other ingredients and sprinkle the spices on top. Cover with lid and pulse for 10-12 times in 2 second bursts, until well combined but still choppy.
- Remove blade and set aside and cover top of bowl, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to making burgers.
- Remove mixture from fridge and form burgers. (Better to keep them thick versus thin, as they won’t get too crumby if you keep them thick). It should make 5-6 burgers.
- Preheat pan to medium with 1 tbsp olive oil. After 2-3 minutes, add burgers. Cook for 4 minutes on each side without covering. Turn off heat, leave pan on burner and if desired, add a slice of cheese.
- Top with your favorite burger toppings and add a side of choice. Enjoy! If you haven’t tried The Best Roasted Red Potatoes and Onions, Easy Seasoned Quinoa, or Vegetable Feta Quinoa Salad these would all be great options for sides!
I love this life with you.
I love celebrating small and big victories with you. I enjoy our time together as a family at home, exploring, traveling, and making memories with you.
Thanks for making me comforted and supported when I am emotional and feeling overwhelmed.
Thanks for making me laugh even when I want to cry.
Thank you for being kind to me even when I am having a rough day and I often forget to tell you how much it helps to have your support.
You work hard at your job and then still have energy to take on house projects.
Thank you for being so sweet with our child. I never knew how someone that I respect so much and has always been strong and stoic can also be so gentle and touching.
You are an amazing man. You are a great friend to your friends and an incredible husband.
Thanks for giving me space when I need it.
Thanks for being you.
THERE ARE DAYS I want to yell and cry. Or cry then yell. Life can have patches that can get you down. Thank you for helping me through those days and I’ll always be there for you when you have those same days.
AND when we have the INEVITABLE AND HARD discussions of our approach and opinions on finances, family goals, jobs, house and other decisions, thank YOU for being open to discuss what we desire. We argue sometimes. It can be difficult.
BUT HERE’S THE THING,
I love you.
We got this. I’d rather not have these discussions with anyone else but you. You are my person and I’m in it to win it with you, husband.
Challenging myself to not say the phrase “I can’t wait until….”
….baby sleeps at night, baby walks, baby feeds himself, baby does this or that, or for me to work less or exercise more, have a clean house, bigger or better house, more money, more more more more more more
TODAY is today. We are all works in progress and WAITING for this or that to happen takes away from the joy of today. So trying my best and making priorities for today, but also enjoying the little things and big things.
So I CAN wait.
Today is a beautiful day and is just how it is supposed to be. Who knows what tomorrow or next month or year will bring. Today is today. ❤
JOURNALING? AS an ADULT?
I know, I know. Some people do not think journaling is a legitimate way to spend time. I am not sure why people think it is a silly pastime. It honestly has changed by life. You might have never have written in a journal before or maybe you share the same thoughts as me and enjoy writing things down. All I ask is to not knock it before you try it 🙂 ❤
Reasons why you should try journaling:
It helps you reflect on how far you have come and how proud you should be about overcoming obstacles.
From reading previous entries, you are reminded of things you have learned.
It puts ALL things in perspective.
It is relaxing to GET emotions out.
Journalling helps you identify things you would like to WORK on and brainstorm solutions.
It also allows you to DREAM big, no boundaries.
It reminds you of what matters in life and what your priorities are. Is it family? Friends? Work? Traveling? Cooking? Hobbies? A combination? Are you happy with how you spend your time or do you want to change how the weeks and month are spent?
It helps you GROW to become the person you want to be.
What do you think? What to pick up a journal and try to make it a weekly or daily habit? Or do you already practice journalling and enjoy it? Let me know, would love to hear from you!
Peace and love
Look me up on instagram here
HELLO easy BBQ chicken wrap! Whenever I have leftover chicken I am ALWAYS thinking of a quick meal to put together that keeps everyone full and happy. Try this crunchy, sweet and savory wrap. Serve warm or cold! If your looking for a quick way to make some chicken, check out Easy and Quick Oven Baked Chicken. Pair with your favorite chips or veggies! This wrap works great also with The Best Roasted Red Potatoes and Onions!
Alright lets get started on this chicken wrap!
So first, gather your ingredients.
Layer the chicken and cheese.
Add the peppers and lettuce.
Wrap all those yummy ingredients tightly.
Cut in half and enjoy!
Easy 6 Ingredient BBQ Chicken Wraps
Makes 4 Wraps
- 4 Burrito sized tortillas or wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken – shredded or diced mixed with your favorite BBQ sauce
- BBQ sauce to mix with the chicken ( I used about 2/3 cup, but personal preference to how much sauce you like!)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – chopped or shredded
- 2 bell peppers – chopped
- 1 cup romaine or spinach – cut into strips
- In a small bowl, mix the cooked chicken with BBQ sauce.
- Place ½ cup of BBQ chicken in a line on the tortilla.
- Top with ¼ cup cheddar cheese.
- Layer roughly 1/3 cup chopped bell peppers and 1/4 cup romaine or spinach on top.
- Roll up the wrap, cut in half and enjoy!
Note: Depending on the size of the bell peppers you might have more or less than 1/3 cup per wrap, so just equally divide the chopped bell peppers into four servings .
Happy cooking ❤ Hope
Follow my on instagram at https://www.instagram.com/nonstopmomlife/
Follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/happynonstopmomlife/?modal=admin_todo_tour
Happy beautiful day internet world.
Been thinking about the direction I want my life to go to and my past. Ive been feeling curious if anyone has felt the same.
- I am DIFFERENT from where I was 5 years ago. I think before I talk and am more respectful to those around me.
- Friendships CHANGE. It is inevitable. I have been struggling with not beating myself up for not making old friendships a constant priority. TRUE friends can pick up where they left off and we will reconnect when we can.
- I am RESILIENT. A bad day at work or a rough day with the baby does not get to me anymore. I have a support system of friends, family, and coping mechanisms to help take a step back.
- I feel GRATEFUL for every single day. Not everyday is promised and I have been doing the best I can to cherish the day to day, even if there is not AMAZING things happening every day.
SO, I challenge you to consider these 4 things:
Accept that with time we are DIFFERENT than who we once were and that is NOT a bad thing.
Friendships may CHANGE but true friendships will have flexibility.
Be RESILIENT and do not sweat the small stuff. This too does and shall pass.
GRATEFULNESS helps keep you centered. Try to make today the best day it can be.
What helps center you? How do you cope with rough days? Thoughts of friendships changing with time or phases of life? I would love to hear from you.
Look me up on instagram at https://www.instagram.com/nonstopmomlife/ and Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/happynonstopmomlife/